Advent begins at the end of next month and it's time to order Advent Candles for your Advent Wreath!
For many years now we have been ordering the beautiful 100% Beeswax hand-poured tapers, made by the Dominican Nuns at The Cloister Shoppe, for the wreath we light each night during dinner.
(Note: all links are affiliate links.)
I try to plan ahead each year and order extra candles to have blessed on Candlemas (Feb 2) to have on hand for the new liturgical year and the following Advent.
In addition to the Advent Candles, some of my favorites have included:
- Tumbler Jar Candles - The Cloister Shoppe makes amazing Jar Candles. In the past I've ordered extras of the Three Wisemen Candle (perfect for Epiphany!) to give as gifts.
- Bayberry Christmas Eve Candles - I'm ordering replacement candles this year so that I can bring myself to actually light the candles, instead of just using it as a decoration.
- Christmas Tree Creche Candle - I'm not sure I'll ever be able to actually burn this beautiful candle!
- Beeswax Candles - You can't go wrong with any of these! I replace our Advent Candles with Beeswax Candles for the Christmas season.
- St. Nick's Goat Milk Soap - I first featured this in my Seven Fun Finds for Advent back in 2014. This year they have it available in red! Love it!
- Peppermint Foot Creme - Love, love, love this stuff!
We usually have two Advent wreaths set up in our home for Advent.
The taper Advent Candles are placed in an Advent Wreath on our dining room table and we light them during dinner each night.
We also have a larger wreath on the coffee table in the living room which we light during our family rosary each evening. I still really miss the pillar candles I bought for years from the Benedictine Monks... I currently use these 3x3 candles in purple and pink. (Scroll through all Advent Wreath posts here.)
One year I was feeling extra ambitious and hung our Advent Wreath like the Von Trapps!
My children also really enjoy creating their own candles using this 100% Beeswax Advent Candle Kit from Illuminated Ink (pictured above). It's such a fun Advent activity for children.
The dear sisters only make a limited quantity of Advent Candles.
They tend to sell out very quickly each year so be sure to order them soon if you are interested!
Note: The Cloister Shoppe is offering free shipping for orders $75 or more until December 31st with promo code*: freeship *Eligible for US residence only. Limit of 3 times per customer.