My girls made sure I had treats for the feasts of St. Nick and St. Lucy too. It IS possible to make gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free, sugar-free shortbread cookies! This is the second year they have made them for me and they are such a nice little treat along with a cup of tea.
Stamped Shortbread Cookies
(Paleo, AIP, Vegan)
- ½ c Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp. Arrowroot Flour
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- ½ c melted Palm Shortening
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp alcohol-free Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp. Water
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl sift together the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, and pinch of salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the melted palm oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir thoroughly. Add the water and continue to stir until you have a nice dough. The mixture will continue to thicken after the water is added.
- Roll into one-inch balls, and place on uncreased cookie sheet.
- Stamp with cookie stamp. (Tips for using stamps can be found here.)
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes, until lightly golden on edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.