As much as the boys love their favorite LEGO collections, coming up with their own creations and building their town is their absolute favorite way to play with LEGO. I haven't been the best at taking pictures of their MOCs (My Own Creation), and I'm even worse at posting the pictures on the blog, but in honor of today's traditional feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary I have pictures of the boys' latest LEGO MOC to share with you all!
Construction began on July 31st, the Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola, and the Dedication Mass of the new Cathedral of the Immaculate Heart of Mary took place today. The solemn dedication ceremony was undertaken by the pastor, with episcopal delegation, since the bishop was not available.
This was such a challenge for them to build, using random pieces from their other LEGO sets. I love how creative the boys are with their legos!
.: Preparing for Mass :.
.: Dedication Mass :.
LEGO NPU (Nice Part Use):
- Grey Statues - from Attack on Weathertop
- Long White Candles - railing from Creator Lighthouse
- Traditional Red Fiddleback Chasuble - Judge Minifigure
- Lectionary - book from The Goblin King Battle
- Communion Paten - from City Police Forest Station (they think it can be found on pick-a-brick too)
- St. Ignatius Statue - Actor Minifigure
If you'd like to know where any other parts came from let me know and I'll ask the boys!
|Serving for Father Carmelo at the Second Mass at Immaculate Heart of Mary|
In spite of our sins, let us look up to our Blessed Mother and let us have confidence in her motherly heart. Then, even if we are sad or upset, we will feel peaceful and happy again.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, Ora Pro Nobis!