Recently a friend of mine shared a recipe for her delicious Homemade Granola, made with coconut oil and sweetened with honey. Yesterday I made another batch and took a few pictures to share, along with the recipe. (Oh, and the flowers were my St. Valentine's Day gift from Hubby, along with a couple new skirts!!! I guess he got tired of hearing me say that "nothing fits!";) He is such a sweetie!)
Simple Homemade Granola
- 12 cups oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats)
- 4 cups unsweetened Coconut Flakes (I used one package of these)
- 6 cups of raw nuts and seeds (I used 3 cups of almonds, 1 cup of walnuts, 1 cup of pecans, and 1 cup of sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- optional: 3 cups of raisins or other dried fruit, add after baking
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, mix together the coconut oil and honey.
3. In a large bowl combine oats, coconut, nuts and seeds.
4. Pour coconut oil and honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir very well to coat. Divide onto three baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven and stir. Place back in oven but remove and stir every 5 minutes or so until the oats are golden brown (approx. 30 minutes).
6. Cool; add raisins or other dried fruit.
Since I changed my comment format and they are no longer numbered, we decided to have a "real" drawing, instead of using the Random Number Generator, for our giveaway of A Lenten Journey with Jesus Christ & St. Therese of Lisieux. It seemed most appropriate to have our little "Rose" select the winner. :) Congratulations Sherri!