Whenever we are headed out to my parents for Thanksgiving or Christmas, my mom usually asks me to bring some of the desserts. I recently shared a favorite recipe for Frosty Pumpkin Dessert which is SO SUPER YUMMY, but I thought I would take this opportunity to share another of our favorites, Cappuccino Mousse Trifle.
My hubby and I love Tiramisu. However, it is so time consuming to make that I rarely ever make it. So when I found this recipe, in one of my Pampered Chef Cookbooks, which is very similar to Tiramisu, and OH SO MUCH easier, it was an instant hit!
Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
- 1 (16 ounces) frozen prepared pound cake
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 square (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and instant coffee granules. Let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved.
- Pour 1 cup of the milk mixture a measuring cup; set aside. Add pudding mix to remaining milk mixture in bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in one container of whipped topping.
- To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of a bowl. Pour 1/3 of the reserved milk mixture evenly over cake cubes. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over pudding mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated chocolate for garnish.
- Fill a decorator with 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping; set aside. Spread remaining whipped topping over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface. Decorate by piping rosettes around edge of bowl. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle with cinnamon.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert?