FRESH PLUM COBBLER
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 cups sliced fresh unpeeled plums
- 6 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the cornstarch and cinnamon in saucepan. Stir in plums. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 13x9 casserole; keep plum mixture hot in oven.
- Cut butter/shortening into flour, 2 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until particles are size of fine crumbs. Mix in milk until mixture forms soft dough. Drop by 12 spoonfuls onto hot plum mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipping cream.
(Modified recipe from Betty Crocker)
Our home smells deliciously good right now!! At least it isn't more cake! ;)