I pulled them out today, and I must say, lunch time has never been so much FUN! My kids absolutely LOVED them!
I have a feeling that these are going to be a great asset this year. They will make it much easier to use up our dinner left overs as well as simplify portion size, resulting in healthier lunches, less waste, and hopefully less strain on our ever increasing food budget!
Todays lunch was rather basic, consisting of PB&J's, applesauce, baby carrots, goldfish and juice, but you never would have known it by the smiles on my kiddos faces.
Isn't that great?!? I love how all the compartments hold the food in place. I buy most of our food in large containers (Applesauce, Yogurt, etc...), and the compartments allow me to pour out each serving onto the tray without needing cups or bowls!! Less dishes is always a plus!
Today I was trying to brainstorm ideas for lunches and the possibilities are endless. Here is the basic list I came up with:
- PB&J, Tuna, Egg Salad, Meat or Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Cheese Quesadillas
- Mac n' Cheese
- Any dinner leftovers: Spaghetti, Pizza, Hot Dogs, Chili, Chinese Food, Mexican Food, Salad, etc...
- Fruit (Canned or Fresh)
- Veggies: Baby Carrots, Broccoli, Celery Sticks, Cherry Tomatoes, etc.
- Popcorn, Chips, or Nachos
- Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers, Gold Fish or Pretzels
- Yogurt, Pudding, Cottage Cheese
- Cheese Sticks
- Cookies, Cupcakes
- Any more suggestions??
Oh, and by the way, today went SO MUCH BETTER than yesterday! Ahhh, I really do LOVE homeschooling. I'm just bummed I didn't have a chance to try and make that cake... Hopefully soon!