Anyhow, here are a few ideas for this weeks theme:
"The Gardener Plants Paradise"
The Tree of Life's Leaves : Read Revelation 22:1-5
- Make a Four Seasons Craft
- Make a Leaf Stained Glass Window
- Make Leaf Shaped Cookies
- Since we will be celebrating Chiquita's birthday, we will just read a couple extra books before including: Why Do Leaves Change Color?
The Tree of Life's Flowers : Read Isaiah 55:12-13
- Make a Floral Spiritual Bouquet for someone
- Make Flower Pot Cupcakes
- Read Planting a Rainbow
- Teach the Kids the Nursery Rhyme "My Garden"
This is my garden
Extend one hand forward, palm up
I'll rake it with care,
Make raking motion on palm with 3 fingers of other hand
And then some flower seeds
I'll plant in there.
The sun will shine
Make circle with hands
And the rain will fall,
Let fingers flutter down to lap
My garden will blossom
(Cup hands together; extend upward slowly)
And grow straight and tall.
The Tree of Life's Fruit : Read Galatians 5:22-26
- Have Ambrosia for dessert since Ambrosia means "deathless."
- Complete the Fruit of the Spirit Maze
- Make Fruit Kabobs with each piece of fruit representing one of the "Fruits of the Holy Spirit." (for a few suggestions on which fruit to use, click here and scroll to the bottom.)
The Owl : Read Psalm 102:6-12
- One of these Owl Crafts
- Make this Awesome Owl Snack
- Read Owl Moon
- Color a picture of an Owl
- Copy work: A Wise Old Owl Nursery Poem! (Looks like I am on a nursery rhyme kick this week!)
A Wise Old Owl
A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?
The Olive Tree : Read Genesis 8:6-11
- Use Oil to make a Stained Glass Window with our Easter Coloring Page from Fenestrae Fidei
- Serve Olives as a snack!
The Palm Tree : Read John 12:12-17
- I just LOVE these Tropical Luau Cupcakes! You make the palm tree using pretzels and kiwi... Aren't they CUTE?? They look really easy too!
- Read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and make Palm Tree Cookies
- April 25th is also the feast of St. Mark, so maybe we will make half Tropical Luau Cupcakes and half Lion Cupcakes!
Roses and Lilies : Read Song of Songs 2:1-7
- Make Lily Sandwiches and Candy Roses
- Read The Rose in My Garden
- Plant a garden (I won't be doing this... But you could!)
- Begin making Marian May Baskets to fill and give out on May day!
I haven't decided just which of these ideas we will be doing each day, but I thought I would share my ideas with you all just the same. I am anxious to see what Matilda comes up with since this weeks theme was HARD for me!
If any of you know any great snacks, crafts or activities for the above themes, I'd love to hear them!